Online dating is fun but to ensure you do it in the safest way possible we have put together some golden rules to help you get the most out of your dating journey.
- Never give money to other members of this site. If someone you are communicating with on AngelicMatch asks you for money or your bank details they are very likely to be a scammer. Read more about scammers here.
- If you have experienced monetary fraud online, report it to Action Fraud via their online reporting tool.
- Don't give out your telephone number. Wait until you know someone a little better before you share your contact details. If someone asks for your number straight away, politely decline.
- Report any unusual behaviour. If you encounter a suspicious member on the site or someone has been rude to you, do not hesitate to report them to the moderation team using the report buttons on their profile or a message. How to report someone.
- Meet in a public place. When you meet another AngelicMatch member for the first time, do it in a public place like a bar or a café. Do not go to their home and do not give them your address.
- Arrange your own transport. Don't let your date pick you up from your home on your first meeting. Check the times of the last train/bus/tube.
- Tell a friend. Inform someone you know and trust that you are going on a date and give them details of where you are going. Stay connected. Make sure your phone is charged before your date.
- Take action. If you have encountered an incident of a serious nature call the police straight away and report your experience to us on +44 (0)141 628 9518, or by e-mail.
Our development and moderation teams work hard to protect our members while keeping the site relaxed and enjoyable. To ensure that you have the safest experience, use your common sense when dating.
Last updated: Monday, 14th September 2015